CHADD ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADHD
There are presently no open calls for abstracts.
EVENT: 2014 CHADD ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ADHD
DATE: November 13-15, 2014
LOCATION: Hyatt Regency O’Hare
The CHADD Annual International Conference is the major research, practice and public information conference dedicated to ADHD. Conference sessions will focus on providing current science-based information and the impact of this information on treatments for individuals with ADHD. The conference will bring together researchers, clinicians, educators, adults, parents, and others. Major goals for the conference are to disseminate the latest developments in research; to facilitate an ongoing exchange about issues related to ADHD by individuals with different experiences and viewpoints; and to increase public understanding of the disorder and its impact.
Proposals for presentations are invited. Empirical studies and best practices science-based intervention strategies are preferred. These can include, but are not limited to, collaborative practices, learning differences, implementation of IDEA and Section 504, advocacy empowerment, research, educational interventions, inclusion, parent training, multimodal treatment issues particular to distinct populations (i.e., age, gender, ethnicity, etc.), co-existing conditions, diagnosis and treatment and innovative programs. Of special interest are presentations that address smoking and cultural diversity. These proposals will be organized by tracks--common topics of interest--that foster exchange, debate and dialogue among mental health professionals, educators, physicians, families, adults with ADHD and other conference attendees.
Prior to starting your submission, please gather the following information:
- A CV (Resume)
- A Short Bio (100 words for website)
- A Bio (500 characters)
- A Short Description of Session (3-5 sentences for website)
- Abstract (500 words or less)
- Five (5) Objectives for your session
CONFERENCE PRESENTATION SUBMISSIONS
General Submission Requirements
Please submit your proposal online by June 1, 2014. Only online submissions will be considered.
Submissions will be evaluated by the members of the Conference Program Review Committee. Criteria for selection will include:
- Appropriateness of subject matter, i.e., relevance to the goals of the conference as outlined in this call for papers;
- an understanding of the context of the presentation, e.g., its relationship to current research, and an understanding about the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD;
- where appropriate, soundness of research design, methodology, and data analysis; and
- potential for facilitating an ongoing exchange about issues related to ADHD by individuals with different experiences and viewpoints, and
- increasing public understanding of the disorder and its impact.
If your abstract is chosen, these guidelines will apply:
- Persons whose presentations are accepted must participate at the time scheduled by the Conference Program Committee.
- Submission of the proposal indicates agreement that CHADD may record the presentation. Recordings are made available for purchase after the conference.
- Presenters will be supplied with standard audiovisual equipment. LCD projectors will be at the presenter’s expense. Audiovisual aids are encouraged.
Please note: You will login in using a new login name and password.
Questions? Email: email@example.com